Is it time to call a tree service in Bellaire to remove that old tree? It can be a painful choice to make, but sometimes the tree gets too close to the house, gets too diseased, gets an incurable infestation of some pest, or grows too tall and gets close to a power line. If any of these things occur, its best to do the right thing and get rid of the tree. Although you might have spent hours and hours getting the tree to where it is today, it is almost dishonorable to the tree to allow it to suffer in bad conditions.
Our tree removal service will plan it out, climb up the tree and tie two long ropes near the top. Anchor them on the opposite side of the one that we want it to fall towards. This will allow us to adjust the direction the tree is being lowered in, just in case it starts leaning towards anything it could destroy.
Call Us Now for a Free Quote on Tree Removal, Tree Topping, Tree Pruning and Stump Removal.
Call Now (832) 900-4016
Once the tree is down, stump removal can be slightly more difficult. We have several choices; use a stump chipper that will completely destroy the visible section of the stump. Or we can dig it out. Digging out the stump is much more thorough, but takes time. You can choose to do this yourself or have the family help. If you have kids this shouldn’t be a problem. Kids often find the thought of digging fun, and are excited to go outside and dig all day long with their friends.
How to Start Your Own Stump Grinding Service Business
First of all, what good does tree pruning trimming and shaping do for my trees? Secondly, why do it in the winter months? Trimming a tree or pruning is necessary for many reasons. An important reason to prune a tree is to lessen the chance of it falling during a wind or ice storm. Thinning a large tree canopy is a great way to reduce wind resistance.
Once pruned, air can now breeze with ease through the top of a tree requiring much less stabilization and pressure on the root system. Tree maintenance is also appealing to the eye like grass cutting. Cutting dead limbs helps prevent the spread of disease or bacteria, and avoids potential hazards. There are many benefits to trimming, shaping, & pruning a tree.
So why is pruning a tree in the winter so effective? There are many reasons. I will point out a few important ones.
1 - It is Cheaper! Most tree cutting service prices are low in the winter months since this is a slow period. Local tree service cost is very competitive during this season.
It is necessary sometimes to remove live limbs, especially if a tree is potentially hazardous with a lean. If a large heavy limb is on the side of the lean and the tree has grown towards a structure, then by removing this large limb (leader) you can decrease the chance of tree fall. A trees canopy and weight of large limbs has a lot to do with why a tree falls in a storm. Especially a tree is not diseased or dead, although usually there is a mix of issues for a large tree to tumble over in a storm.
Tree trimming, cutting, pruning, & shaping are necessary tasks. As homeowners, it is our responsibility to maintain our trees and keep our yards and neighbors safe. Performing tree work of any kind in the winter is a smart move and saves on the annual tree maintenance budget. So put on a warm coat, get out there in that Cold weather, and get those trees pruned! Contact a local company to provide your tree cutting service.
Call Us Now for a Free Quote on Tree Removal, Tree Topping, Tree Pruning and Stump Removal in Bellaire.
Call Now (832) 900-4016
Tree Trimming Equipment
Although a homeowner could trim large trees it is best left to a professional tree trimming service because they have the knowledge, experience, and equipment. If you are planning on hiring a professional to trim your trees there are several factors that figure into the cost. Some of these factors include where you are located, size of the tree(s), amount of trimming that is required, accessibility to the tree(s), how much time has elapsed since the last trimming, health of the tree, travel expenses, risks involved, type of equipment, how long to complete the job, and more. Here are some examples of tree trimming costs.
• Trees like olive, mulberry, dogwood that are twenty-five to thirty feet high would cost approximately seventy-five to four hundred fifty dollars but this does not include the clearance cost.
• Trees like crabapple, black gum, black adler that are thirty to sixty fee high would cost approximately one hundred seventy five to eight hundred eighty dollars, also excluding obstacle clearance charges
• Trees like red oak, American ash, pine trees, locust, sugar maple can grow more than sixty feet tall and will involve more expenditures. They can cost approximately three hundred to more than one thousand dollars.
It is important that you do tree trimming on a regular basis as it will help to keep them healthy and strong, makes them disease free, and increases their longevity. Also, broken or dead branches could fall over power lines or roofs and cause a lot of damage.
Actual Estimates on Tree and Stump Removal Cost
If you need to remove a tree from your yard for any reason, whether it is unhealthy and likely to fall or simply blocking your view, it is always recommended that you hire a professional for this task. Attempting to remove a tree on your own is very dangerous, and can easily lead to personal injury, electrical shock, or property damage.
When choosing a tree removal company, it is important to choose an experienced, reputable company. Do not trust your property with a company that cuts costs by cutting corners. Know what to look for in a tree service professional to ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
- Fully Licensed and Insured. If you hire a company that is not insured, you are asking for a lawsuit. If anything goes wrong or a worker is injured while working on your property, you can be held liable. Although an insured company may charge a little more to cover the insurance, you will not have to worry about hefty legal fees in the case of an accident.
- Training and Equipment. It takes more than a truck and a chainsaw to properly remove a tree. The best tree removal professionals are fully trained and equipped for any job, whether they are simply trimming a few branches or brining in a crane to remove a large tree.
- Stump Grinding. If a company does not have the proper equipment to remove and grind the tree's stump, you could be left with unsightly stumps dotting your yard. When you are speaking to tree removal companies, ask them if they will grind the stumps when they are finished removing the tree. Many companies will provide this service at no additional charge.
- Good Reputation. When you are considering different companies, it helps to hear what others have to say. Look online at various customer review sites to see what previous customers have said about their experiences with the tree removal companies in your area. It is normal to have one or two negative reviews, but if you are consistently seeing more horror stories than praise, it is time to move on. Look for a company that is praised by past customers for professionalism, service, and excellent results.
A diseased or dying tree is a safety hazard, and you should not delay in having one removed from your yard. However, do not rush into a decision by hiring the cheapest tree removal company you can find. Always do business with companies that are fully licensed and insured and known for their professionalism and quality work. Taking the time to choose the right company will provide a much better experience in the long run.