Is it time to call a tree service in Missouri City to remove that old tree? It can be a painful choice to make, but sometimes the tree gets too close to the house, gets too diseased, gets an incurable infestation of some pest, or grows too tall and gets close to a power line. If any of these things occur, its best to do the right thing and get rid of the tree. Although you might have spent hours and hours getting the tree to where it is today, it is almost dishonorable to the tree to allow it to suffer in bad conditions.
Our tree removal service will plan it out, climb up the tree and tie two long ropes near the top. Anchor them on the opposite side of the one that we want it to fall towards. This will allow us to adjust the direction the tree is being lowered in, just in case it starts leaning towards anything it could destroy.
Call Us Now for a Free Quote on Tree Removal, Tree Topping, Tree Pruning and Stump Removal.
Call Now (832) 900-4016
Once the tree is down, stump removal can be slightly more difficult. We have several choices; use a stump chipper that will completely destroy the visible section of the stump. Or we can dig it out. Digging out the stump is much more thorough, but takes time. You can choose to do this yourself or have the family help. If you have kids this shouldn’t be a problem. Kids often find the thought of digging fun, and are excited to go outside and dig all day long with their friends.
What It Takes to Perform Tree Service Work
If you need to remove a tree from your yard for any reason, whether it is unhealthy and likely to fall or simply blocking your view, it is always recommended that you hire a professional for this task. Attempting to remove a tree on your own is very dangerous, and can easily lead to personal injury, electrical shock, or property damage.
When choosing a tree removal company, it is important to choose an experienced, reputable company. Do not trust your property with a company that cuts costs by cutting corners. Know what to look for in a tree service professional to ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
- Fully Licensed and Insured. If you hire a company that is not insured, you are asking for a lawsuit. If anything goes wrong or a worker is injured while working on your property, you can be held liable. Although an insured company may charge a little more to cover the insurance, you will not have to worry about hefty legal fees in the case of an accident.
- Training and Equipment. It takes more than a truck and a chainsaw to properly remove a tree. The best tree removal professionals are fully trained and equipped for any job, whether they are simply trimming a few branches or brining in a crane to remove a large tree.
- Stump Grinding. If a company does not have the proper equipment to remove and grind the tree's stump, you could be left with unsightly stumps dotting your yard. When you are speaking to tree removal companies, ask them if they will grind the stumps when they are finished removing the tree. Many companies will provide this service at no additional charge.
- Good Reputation. When you are considering different companies, it helps to hear what others have to say. Look online at various customer review sites to see what previous customers have said about their experiences with the tree removal companies in your area. It is normal to have one or two negative reviews, but if you are consistently seeing more horror stories than praise, it is time to move on. Look for a company that is praised by past customers for professionalism, service, and excellent results.
A diseased or dying tree is a safety hazard, and you should not delay in having one removed from your yard. However, do not rush into a decision by hiring the cheapest tree removal company you can find. Always do business with companies that are fully licensed and insured and known for their professionalism and quality work. Taking the time to choose the right company will provide a much better experience in the long run.
Call Us Now for a Free Quote on Tree Removal, Tree Topping, Tree Pruning and Stump Removal in Missouri City.
Call Now (832) 900-4016
Tree Removal Cost - Determining Factors and Estimates
A tree trimmer is a landscape profession who prunes trees to promote the health of the tree, for safety if it is in danger of it falling on a person or property, and to promote aesthetics. In their line of work, they use many specialized power and hand tools to trip, dispose of tree branches, shape, and cut trees.
When working as a tree trimmer it is very important that they use the proper tree trimming equipment. What equipment the tree trimmer chooses to use depends on the type of job they are doing. Some of the different, important tree trimming equipment that they might use can include:
• Safety harness-this is an important piece of equipment that a tree trimmer needs for their job. This piece of equipment ensures the tree climbers safety if they should fall. The most common type of safety harness is called the climbing saddle. It has nylon straps that securely fit about their thighs and waist along with an anchor in which to attach a rope with a carabineer. A carabineer is a coupling link with a safety closure.
• Chipper-this machine s used to chip brush and branches into bark size pieces for easier disposal or for resale. A chipper comes in two styles for industrial or personal use. The personal size chipper is compact, small and can be towed behind a regular truck for doing small jobs. For industrial size jobs, the tree trimmer should have a chip truck. With this type of chipper the brush can be chipped directly, back in the truck. This will allow for easier clean and transport.
How To Deal With Tree Removal After Storm Damage
Oak trees are a valuable addition to any landscape in Austin. However, in the recent past, many of these majestic trees have succumbed to a disease known as oak wilt. This disease is responsible for the destruction of oaks by the thousands. Although there is no known cure for the disease, there are methods for treating it, which may prolong the life of the tree. Let's examine some of the methods for oak wilt treatment.
One of the primary ways in which oak wilt is spread is through the root system. An infected tree can easily pass the disease along to a healthy tree through an interconnected root system. This may be prevented if a buffer is put into place. A buffer severs the interconnected root system, thereby protecting a healthy oak from an infected one. Recommendations for creating a barrier include establishing a trench at least 100 feet from the nearest oak wilt-infected tree. Using the appropriate machinery, the trench should be dug at least four feet deep and then backfilled.
Finally, another protective measure that may be taken to prevent the spread of oak wilt is to carefully examine firewood. If the origin of the firewood or its condition is in question, research suggests that it is best to cover the wood with clear plastic and secure it by digging it into the ground, thereby preventing the spread of insects if there is an infestation. To provide better protection for localized healthy oaks, use the firewood the year it is harvested. The fire will destroy any remaining spores or insects. Additionally, for oaks that die during spring or the early part of summer, dieoff should be complete, and the firewood, therefore, able to be used, by fall.
Although oak wilt has become increasingly prevalent in Austin, there are actions which can be taken to treat it or perhaps prevent it altogether. Seek the expertise of an Austin tree service to assist you in effective prevention and treatment.